Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's how we play...

As I'm preparing my first actual post of substance (subjectivity pending), it dawned upon me in my post-work haze that I should let it be known how I'm going to impart my missives on the masses. Consider The Petty Bourgeois a cultural think tank. It's my passion to share what I love and hear about what sparks you as well. Because I'm nutty for organization, posts will fall into one of the following categories:

Places You Should Go: All about the spots I dig. Holes-In-Walls. Sights to be seen. Late-night haunts. Entertainment spots of all kinds. A mostly Southern California-centric collection(can't help it), but occasionally my travels will add more flavor here. Give me your recommendations. When you have a choice in the matter, where do you love to go? Any routines or rituals that include have to include a specific restaurant or cafe? Not just interested in Los Angeles. Where have you been? What place do you visit and think "I really could live here" and what makes it so appealing? Any and all opinions welcome!

Where's THE place to nosh on pastrami on rye in Vergennes Vermont?



For grabbing pints in Trondheim Norway?






Help me help you, me, and everyone we know and have yet to meet.

People You Should Know: People of all walks who you need to know about immediately. Obscure musicians. Funny people. Personal friends of mine. Regular people doing what they do. If they're doing stuff I find postworthy and exposure-necessary, it's going up.

Music You Should Hear: Easy enough to digest, right? I'll be covering a band, artist, album, or genre that I love and feel needs exposure. Won't be finding a review of mainstream anything here! Contact me if you'd like me to check out your sounds.


Beer: All things related to the Nectar of the Gods. I'll take a look at individual beers, breweries, beer bars/shops, festivals, any other goings-on. Know of a brewery, gastropub, etc. who could stand to be heard about? Please to let me know.














This baby is as much mine as it is all of yours.

Welcome to The Petty Bourgeois.

2 comments:

  1. D Blogz was wonderfulz to readz really really reaalllly! I love that you featured photo of me with monkey! I was laughing while reading the title of the post...this is how we play. All I could think of was...play hard...get bit hard! CAnt wait to see what z next postz iz on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Slayz. I figured monkey photo was best. This is how we play was on a sick Who Wants To Be A Millionaire tip, but violent hard play with autistic children works too. Bite hard or go home...both of which the kid actually did.

    ReplyDelete